Wood Floor Cleaning
Wood flooring is a luxurious alternative to wall to wall carpeting that many homeowners, especially allergy suffers and home flippers, opt for either natural or engineered wood flooring. While a carpet acts as an excellent air filter, when a carpet is not cleaned regularly, it begins to trap and recirculate air pathogens. Wood floor has no trapping capabilities so, in terms of cleaning, it is easier to identify the dust and soil that must be cleaned up. On the other hand, since wood floor has no trapping capabilities, dust and soil easily fly into the air and surreptitiously make their way into the nooks and crannies of your wood floor.
Buffing and Refinishing
Washington DC Carpet Cleaning offers an excellent wood floor buffing and refinishing service. This service includes wood floor repair, sanding down any number of scratches and blemishes on wood surfaces as well as application of a sealing topcoat to ensure long lasting results.
Wood floor cleaning can include any of these possible services:
- Applying filler if needed
- Waxing and polishing
- Customized installation
- Top-quality polyurethane protection
In The Mean Time:
- Make sure to place protector pads on all furniture legs on your wood floor.
- Position walk off mats and area rugs in high traffic areas (make sure they stay dry and are cleaned underneath often).
- Perform routine maintenance as recommended by the manufacturer. This should include sweeping, vacuuming and/or dust mopping to remove dirt and grit. Make this a regular task and stick to it, especially before and after a major event that entails high foot traffic.
- Keep your pet's nails trimmed on a regular basis.
- Do not use wet mops!
- Do not use ammonia.
- Do not use dust cleaners.
- Do not track dirt-clean it immediately.
- Do not use other floor cleaning products.
- Do not ever wax a urethane finish!
For further details on our wood floor cleaning or any other cleaning service offered by Washington DC Carpet Cleaning, please contact our customer service representatives today.
Call us now to receive a free estimate on all your cleaning and maintenance requirements